Wednesday, June 23, 2010

happy post for a sad day


Today is finally the burial of my Nan who passed away in January. Don't ask me why it took so long, I had nothing to do with it. But really I would have liked to have had her burried months ago when the ground thawed. It's like reliving it all again.

So I decided to blog about something that really made us all happy and we had lots of laughs about it. A little Chipmunk who decided to stop by for a visit.

Well this little guy certainly caused a stir other nights. He was chomping on a strawberry that one of the girls dropped on the ground after a trip to the store for a treat with my mom....he was blocking our driveway so my mother couldn't get out after she dropped the kids off.

So first I had to take a picture.....
No matter how close we got to him, he wouldn't budge,
Rob gave him a little pat....but still he wasn't moving.
Rob's oldest dared to get close and he kind of attacked her.....poor kid, I think she is going to be traumatized for life.
So out came the gloves in an attempt to move him.

But the little stinker kept jumping off out of Rob's hands
You would think he would have taken off....but oh no!
He would just heard back looking for more berries.

Finally we got him to the grass, and my mother carefully backed out of the driveway.
We checked on him a little while later and he had moved on to haunt some other neighbours.

3 comments:

  1. OMWord....brazen!! glad you took pics for us to see.

    {{HUGS}} to you again. How difficult to relive it all again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs to you my friend.. going through it all once is usually enough for anyone...
    love the rat story.... those damn rats..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, notice I am behind the camera....not the one chasing it!!!!

    ReplyDelete