Tuesday, June 22, 2010

cupcakes make me happy

Remember the episode of Sex in the City where Carrie had the yummy cupcake with pink icing and the daisy on it?

Well they are from a little shop in Greenwich Village called
Magnolia Bakery.
Since their debute on Sex in the City they now have 4 bakeries in NYC
People are lining up for these things!
And for good reason
Not only are they pretty, but super yummy.
I made Rob wait in line to try these....he was initial response was
"I'm not waiting in line for a $10.00 cupcake".....
YEAH RIGHT
First they were not $10, we got 2 cupcakes a coffee, and a shopping bag (just had to buy one), plus the box (yeah you had to buy them too), for $10.00

Money well spent while we sat on the edge of a fountain enjoying these. I had the "carrie" (right), and he had the red velvet(left).

I've been trying to learn the technique to decorate like they do on youtube.....
so when I made cupcakes for my sons class on Sunday I gave it a whirl.....
or should I say SWHIRL....LOL

Well one failed attempted....better luck next time.
None the less, if you go to NYC you have to have a cupcake from Magnolia. Really the wait wasn't that bad....certainly worth it.

thanks for stopping by,
and yes I saved the box so I could scrap this. lol

1 comment: