Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Time sure flies

Hard to believe the fall is here....and school is back in. I have to admit....totally excited to have a routine down again. DS was so cute to watch in the school yard and be reunited with his little friends....and the not so friendly ones....But he was glad to go and I'm sure he will be excited to tell me all about his day. Had to laugh, the teacher told them they could sit down and read a book while everyone was getting settled. So my little cutie pie, grabs a book and sits and reads it. (why can't he be like this at home?)
Rob and I have a new project we are working on, call the 30 days of September.
Since there are 30 days in September, I have deicded (with the help of Rob) to get 30 bags of "stuff" out of our house. We started this weekend, and there are 12 bags gone already....and still so much more that can go. We are purging everything we can to charity, and what can't be used....garbage.
My DS is very attached to his things, so I usually clean his stuff out and hide it so he can't go through it....cause in his mind that broken toy that he has been saving....is very special LOL
But who knew Rob was the same way. I had a box of toys that was going to charity, and he started going through it....and actually pulled something out to keep. Almost fell over when I found that out....I had no idea.
What is amazing is how much "stuff" you have, that you don't need. What woman needs 4 house coats??? Especially when she doesn't even wear them? And really 30 bags....is not a lot. We are almost half way there and there is still oogles amounts of clutter to work on.
So hats off to a clean sweep....12 down...18 to go!!!! wish us luck.
My scrappy life has been on hold this summer. I have a layout on my desk that was started a few days ago....and just didn't go in the direction that I had hoped for....obviously I am a little rusty after such a long break this summer.
Time to get back to our ROUTINE!!!!
Thanks for stopping by

3 comments:

  1. i love routines!!!!...
    congrats on your 30 days of september project... feels good to get rid of all that stuff, eh?... then you'll have lots of space to scrap!!!

    happy first day of school Hunter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to do the same thing here. I already have started decluttering, too.

    Three cheers for routine again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your Mother ...... 30 bags ain't gonna do it

    ReplyDelete